When I was young we looked forward to a bright future filled with happy, technologically advanced people. They used all sorts of gadgets to enhance their lives including personal transportation that flies. Of course much of that was speculation, but at the time seemed so close within our grasp. Instead we’re left with the memories of last year.
We have no job, no food on the table and our home has been foreclosed, but at least we have ‘hope’. Phew, thank goodness for that.
Goodbye 2013, the year of crud & corruption.
- Armed drones
- Crazed psychotropic drug addled mass shooters
- IRS harassment of people the government doesn’t like
- NSA capturing all transmitted data & phone calls
- Government mandated health insurance with IRS as compliance enforcement agent
- 6 hours of gun battle and security breach at U.S. Embassy in Benghazi Libya ignored by President & Staff
- DHS begins purchase of 1.4 billion rounds of ammunition
- Gender identity ignored for some states school bathrooms
- Climate panic (Global warming proven false but data ignored by many desiring government intervention)
- Illegal immigration furthered by government inaction
- Higher gasoline prices at the pump
- Crazed bombers successful at Boston marathon – interviewed by FBI warned by the Russian intelligence
- Local governments demanding law-abiding citizens register their firearms
- Armored vehicles gifted to Police Departments from the government through the DHS
- $17 Trillion in national debt and the count continues.
It was time we end that year but unfortunately the consequences of past decisions linger on for 2014. We can hope for a brighter future, but one isn’t likely to emerge unless we do things quite differently in 2014.
Growth of US Debt Over Past 50 Years
- 2014: $17,226,768,075,403.16
- 2010: $13,178,317,356,215.73
- 2004: $7,379,052,696,330.32
- 1999: $5,656,270,901,615.43
- 1994: $4,692,749,910,013.32
- 1989: $2,857,430,960,187.32
- 1984: $1,572,266,000,000.00
- 1979: $826,519,000,000.00
- 1974: $475,059,815,731.55
- 1969: $353,720,253,841.41
- 1964: $311,712,899,257.30
- 1959: $284,705,907,078.22
- Retirement unlikely for many Americans
- Why does the DHS need 1.4 billion rounds of ammunition?
- Why is there a $16 (now $17) trillion national debt?
- Social Security primer (fact check)
- Meet Your Local Police’s New Vehicles (Esquire)
- Harry Reid Wrong on Bush’s Economic Record (fact check)
- California – social engineering continues – go lemmings
- Driving a chromed out Cadillac Obamamobile
- DeLorean Hovercraft (makezine.com)
- Instructables Contest and Promotion (amandamrushing.wordpress.com)
- ACLU urges NY judge to force release of documents (nzherald.co.nz)
- DHS Announces Expansion of Cyber Student Volunteer Initiative (rinf.com)
2013 wasn’t a bad year for these politicians:
President Barack Obama – Net Worth: $3,616,506
Speaker of the House John Boehner – Net Worth: $3,588,556
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid – Net Worth: $5,326,487
Minority Leader House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi – Net Worth: $35,500,000
According to their own description:
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) is the largest investigative arm of the Department of Homeland Security.
ICE is a 21st century law enforcement agency with broad responsibilities for a number of key homeland security priorities.