I was reminded that today marks the third anniversary of my beginning this blog. My doesn’t time fly…
I started to write a simple blog primarily focused on my technical interests but quickly realized a lot of my waking thought was centered on current events.
I discovered an article I wrote back in 5th grade, addressed to various political leaders of the day. The purpose, mostly in vain, was to call attention to the need to improve public transportation. Specifically I advocated bringing back some form of light rail. I saw little advantage in building more highways with additional lanes for clog & smog (two characters I tried on with limited capacity for humor).
If this is to be a personal blog, ipso facto it must present current thought on a variety of events and politics. Of course I will occasionally veer into technical areas because I still gravitate to that in my professional life.
I hope if you’re honest and thoughtful, you will enjoy future posts and sometimes add your own comments. I don’t want to just simply read from people who agree, however I do prefer people who disagree, do so without animosity.
- Un-vote for a new America (equalitybylot.wordpress.com)
- Portland Light Rail (FAQs – blog)
- Does Light Rail Work? (Rebuttal to Washington Policy Center)
- D.C. businessman faces two years in jail for unregistered ammunition, brass casing (The ‘police state’ has arrived?)
- Edward Snowden Endorses D.C. Protest Against NSA
- Snowden disputes Feinstein claim that NSA spying isn’t ‘surveillance’