This announcement shouldn’t come as a great shock to anyone in the tech industry. Steve Ballmer is one of the original members of the Microsoft team headed by Bill Gates. Bill Gates handed over the chief executive title to Ballmer in 2000. There were times afterward where Gates sought to retain his power within the company.
The company hasn’t seen real growth since the departure of Mr. Gates and investors are not bashful in expressing their satisfaction at the announcement of Mr. Ballmer leaving within 12 months. During the time of his tenure, several major business opportunities were lost, including Expedia which started from within the company and was allowed to go out on its own. Apple computer took over the lead in market valuation during his tenure.
I’m experimenting with a new form of social media & blogging. The new social media aggregator is from
Check it out by clicking on the icon below . . .
a website or program that collects related items of content and displays them or links to them.
- Product Review: Rebel Mouse (geekalabama.com)
- Social Media Aggregator RebelMouse Raises $10.25M (techcrunch.com)
- Tint Vs Rebelmouse: David Vs. Goliath of Social Feeds? (bizsugar.com)
- Getting Noticed: How to Create Successful Social Media Ads for your Business (rasmussen.edu)
- A Tale of Two CEOs (ZDNet)