All too often our communication, at least in English, is peppered with swear words. We take it for granted that sometime, somewhere, almost anyone could drop the ‘F bomb’. I’m not innocent in the use of colorful language but I recognize that it’s completely possible to communicate without cussing. To that end, I decided to try this quick check of my twitter posts. This is what I found.
Created by Oatmeal
I recall taking an English class where the text was devoted to the study of words identified as cuss words. I can’t remember the title or anything other than debates on everything from socialism to personal ownership of firearms. Not all that related to the topic but as this is one that can also be debated until the moon is blue, let’s see what you think.
Leave a comment for a follow up on this topic.
- Prof Roly Sussex – A word in your ear. Swearing. (blogs.abc.net.au)
- Those Politely Swearing Romans (rogueclassicism.com)
- Jamie Dimon – It’s a free F___ country! (New York Magazine)
- Why I bloody love swearing (juliettenolan.com)
- Cussing At Work Isn’t Going To Help You Get Promoted (businessinsider.com)